i was recently invited to the mandarin oriental hotel in washington dc for general motors’ ride & drive event. it was a great opportunity to hear all about chevy’s new vehicle and also to give the new 2008 chevrolet malibu a twirl.
Chevrolet Malibu LS
here are some basics about the 2008 malibu:
- it’s a nice looking midsize vehicle and it represents gm’s answer to the honda accord, toyota camry, and nissan altima.
- the hybrid model starts at $22,790.
- it has a great looking interior with six color combination options.
- comes with onstar with turn-by-turn navigation.
- also has xm satellite radio. need i say more?
- head-curtain side air bags and front-seat thorax air bags.
- equipped with standard theft-deterrent system.
- and for some odd reason, the malibu comes with two handy-dandy 3-prong outlets which could be used to hook up a cell phone, laptop computer or as martin hayes, vehicle performance manager for the malibu, suggested, a blender. well, alrighty then!
okay, i’m not going to lie. i had no idea at all what this vehicle looked like before attending the event, but you know, i really dug the shape of it once i saw it parked in front of the hotel. although i’m not a huge fan of the grille (it seemed a bit too manly for my taste), i definitely thought that in terms of how the vehicle looked, it was something that i would consider.