i remember telling one of my girlfriends last year that i wanted to dye my hair purple. she thought i was nuts. her reaction wasn’t a huge deterrent because right off the bat i realized that she’s a bit more conservative than me so i understood why she wasn’t really seeing my purple hued vision.
it’s cool. everythang ain’t for everybody.
the only reason i decided not to dye my hair is because i’ve been on a gig hunt since i was laid off and my guess is that purple hair isn’t that widely accepted in the office place.
my purple urge came back strong the other day when i saw tarenguy’s pic on instagram. her purple super curly hair is gorgeous!! i just LOVE how it looks on her!!! i’ll have to live vicariously through her until i safely land in a place of employment. then i can put them in a state of shock and awe when i dye my hair purple my second week there.
don’t go thinking this about to turn into a natural hair blog. i promise you, it’s not. 🙂 but i am in the process of attempting to grow my hair out…again. i go through this every fall/winter, tire of it because it looks so wild & insane and then i chop it all off to get back to my happy place.
but this year i’m hoping to have more stick-to-it-ness and a sista needs tips!! so you might see a few more hair-related posts here from time-to-time. as i find good stuff, i’ll share!
i recently found this awesome video by andreaschoice on youtube on making your very own hair strengthening mask using coconut oil and eggs. it’s great for dry, damaged, over-processed hair. she’s super, uber popular on yt so if you’ve looked into these types of videos before, you might already know about her.
but anyhoooo, can i just saw this woman has absolutely gorgeous hair?
in this second video, andrea shows how she styles her curly hair. i chose andrea’s videos because her hair texture is close to mine (only mine is a wee bit curlier), but there are tons and tons of videos on youtube with hair maintenance techniques for all hair types.
i surf the web…a lot! so i figured why not share some of my supa cool findings here with my “5 thangs.” so here goes.
1. sade’s ultimate collection is on sale now! [whoops!! it’s out may 3rd! enter “womp womp” here.] woohooooooo!! i guess i’ll have to order that because her concert tickets are a little out of a sista’s budget.
2. i recently discovered a dc area blogger over at the art of accessories who has some really good ideas on how to be cute and colorful in this nutty weather we’re experiencing.
spring, we’re looking for you, honey! feel free to show up and show out at any time now.
3. i’m now determined to bake this cake for somebody. i’d bake it for myself, but since i’m counting calories and trying to get my slim fit & sexy on i don’t think it’d be such a good idea. anyway, the cake was made by sweetapolita and i stalk her blog. stalk it. she bakes the most beautiful cakes.
4. and since i’m in a food mood, i was soooooo happy to come across this 30+ hacks for ramen noodles. come on, i know i’m not the only one who still buys them.
5. and lastly, this little baby girl made my heart smile because she is just gettin’ her worship on! love it.
and yes, i realize that was random as all get out, but hey, that’s just how my mind works sometimes!